Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Left Coast Crime Visit at La Fonda in Santa Fe

I am new at this electronic publishing stuff, and unsure how to get my blog and my book "out there," I visited  Left Coast Crime 2011 at La Fonda Hotel in Santa Fe on Sunday morning.  I left my little flyer in the obvious locations -- too late, clearly -- and marveled at all the mystery fans.

My short stories fit the category "cozy mysteries," since there's no violence or graphic sex -- just eccentric characters in a uniquely New Mexico setting.  It was good to see how many cozy mystery writers there are.  I spoke to participants who like all kinds of mystery stories, but I was too scared to promote myself.

Why are writers so often shy when we need to be bold and nervy to promote our work?!

Still, I continue on...releasing my press release on line today...finishing the next story...hoping somewhere out there are a few buyers to read and like or dislike....

For now, I'm finishing up In Santa Fe, Salacious.  The structure is difficult, because I have the suspects talking about sexuality and how the victim died, and this is what moves the plot forward.  So the clues to the crime and the clues to "Momma" have to be inserted into the monologues.  But, what is life without a challenge?

More soon.

Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment