Thursday, June 19, 2014

Formatting Blues- Create Space/Kindle

Using the Create Space word template to format in Gallup, Greed -- my New Mexico mystery thriller ... not to hard to do, but boring.  I have to correct the paragraph formatting with each cut and paste.  For some reason, even though it's set for 0 pts after sentences, it's still adding a space after each paragraph and changing the setting when I paste into the format from Create Space.  So I'm highlighting the whole chapter and resetting the paragraph.

No doubt there's an easier way, but I didn't find it.  THEN, the little symbol I included at the top of each paragraph appeared justified to the right margin.  So, I had to go back and add a return paragraph BEFORE the symbol.

There are easy things to do, but I wanted to write because I like revising fiction -- not to format.  But, as my own publisher, this is my lot.

Using the Kindle software, I have to eliminate every single tabbed paragraph.  I like to tab paragraphs, an ancient habit from learning to type on an actual typewriter (!?).   This is causing me to die of even more boredom -- especially removing tabs for over 300 pages.  YIKES.

So, formatting blues.  But happy to be able to publish.  Below is the New Cover -- really an old cover I hope will work better for #6 in this New Mexico mystery thriller series.



No comments:

Post a Comment