Monday, October 3, 2016

In Albuquerque, Haunted?

Hotel Andaluz, downtown Albuquerque
Today my new novel, In Albuquerque, Abandoned is in early release. This put me in mind of the most haunted hotel in the city, the Hotel Andaluz.

I am literally afraid to go there myself, because a teacher I met when I worked in Albuquerque attended a conference there and saw two apparitions. The conference was on spirituality, she says, so it put her into a mood where she was open to the unseen world that surrounds us every day but remains invisible.

"I felt more alive as we discussed the world of spirit people -- those who are at rest and want to communicate good and those whose life ended suddenly. I think this opened up the vision to me in the Andaluz lobby."

"It was early in the morning, about 4am, and I couldn't sleep. I wondered down to the lobby to get out of my room, and sat on a couch there. I was about to fall asleep again when I heard the sound of heels clicking on the tile floor. I looked up and brown haired woman dressed in a shirtwaist dress in a deep green, with large black buttons and wearing black high heels and a matching square purse approached me. She did not speak, but raised her purse and threw it at the door."

"I was speechless, I can tell you, but I also heard her thoughts. I knew she had been jilted by her husband. She sat next to me when I extended sympathy in my thoughts and she cried. I didn't know what to do, because I think I realized she was an apparition. So I sat quietly there on the couch until I fell asleep. When I awoke, the lobby was empty except for me and a desk clerk who had just arrived."

"I remember this woman often and wish I knew more about what happened to her."

Wow. This story is one of many that led me to write my new release In Albuquerque, Abandoned. It's full of quirky characters and abandoned lovers and more. Ready it here.

Because we are, without question, mysterious in New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment